Wednesday, 8 May 2013

What I Am Grateful For Part I

This blog is dedicated to who/what I am grateful for in my current life:
 
The Husband
 
 
The Unsung Hero
 
When we took our marriage vows on 20 July 2007, we vowed to be there for each other for better, for worse, for poorer, for richness (?), in sickness and in health. Accordingly, he is the only one who can comment on how well/badly I have kept to those vows. On my part, I can assuredly say that he has to the best to his ability, tried his hardest to create a safe and stable home for our little household of four. Woof!
 
Though I do get frustrated and angry at times trying to  get through to what I call the  Male Syndrome (that terminal 'handicap' that 99.8% of all male homo sapiens seem to be born with...), I have grown over the years to accept that he is what he is, that no human is perfect. I have moments where I want to conk him over the head for all his lack of emotional EQ but having said all this, YSY has been a rock-steady element in our family life (there really is a reason why his Chinese name has a 'tree' in it) and to be without him would be pretty much unimaginable. I'm still cherishing fond thoughts of conking him with a large frying pan someday though...
 
 
The Rascal
 
 
The Chatterbox
 
Since there are many existing and future blog entries about T, I think I will quickly sum up the main points:
 
  • I am thankful that he is growing up healthy and cheerfully each day. (though this is with a wistfulness of those days where he was just a little Oompa Lompa and completely dependent on me for everything.
 
  • I am grateful for his sunny and cheery disposition, which seems to bring sunshine to the people around him.
 
  • I am thankful for the affection that he showers unreservedly on me and the people who loves him. Toddler-sized hugs and kisses are in abundance in the house right now and I will miss these when the testosterone kicks in and he will be too cool for Mummy's kisses and hugs.
 
 
Furgie
 
 
Bambi Eyes
 
The long-suffering pooch who has been with me through swollen feet, puking spells and sudden invasion of a alien crying human into the house.
 
I feel guilty that the level of attention and affection has dropped drastically since the Rascal came along BUT. T has levelled up the imbalance somewhat by playing ball with her, giving impromptu concerts and generally growing attached to Furgie. Each day I come home, I am thankful for those beautiful doe eyes gazing up at me and showing levels of devotion that I probably do not deserve.
 
 
The Grand Parents
 
Por Por

Ah Ma
 
I am thankful for Ah Ma and Por Por's help on weekends when I need a breather from talkative rascals or when the Husband and I slips away on short dates.
 
Ah Gong, though never a person that  the rascal approaches without some level of caution, attempts to teach T life lessons through play, logic and humor. The same way that he has taught his daughter - me. Pity the logic part fell through though...=P
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment