Friday, 17 January 2014

Funny Tummy & Skinny Jeans

My biggest bugbear throughout the course of this pregnancy would be the circumference of my tummy. Yeah, for folks who have been following the blog posts since I officially went public with the pregnancy, they probably may have noticed that not one post goes by without some form of mention of my itty bitty tummy. Though my memory isn't so good anymore, I seem to remember a bigger tummy from when I was carrying the Rascal. Though it wasn't very big at that time, it was round enough to make me look obviously pregnant and not 'is she or is she not'.

Despite this very huge bugbear, it is not without a good dose of amusement to see fellow co-workers do a double-take when I told them that I am 5.5 months along my pregnancy. In the words of a colleague: 'I can't believe I have been working with you for the past few months and not realise that you are pregnant!' Quite unlike my previous workplace where news and gossip will spread like wild-fire 3 seconds after it has left the mouth of a perpetrator, folks in my current organisation kept pretty much to themselves. Even within my department, personal information is pretty well contained unless asked for.

Though my tummy is not sufficiently huge enough to look outright pregnant, my waistline has still expanded somewhat that I can't fit comfortably into my usual wardrobe now. At the recommendation of a friend, I bought some maternity wear online and one of these included a pair of skinny jeans. Now, I had previously shunned skinny jeans like the plague when they first became all the rage across the fashion world. Kate Moss I am not, and shunting myself into those skin-tight denims will be akin to an elephant trying to fit into leotards. Anyway, ASOS (the online store I was ordering from) carried only skinny jeans and I needed casual clothes, so skinny jeans it was.

When my order arrived and I tried the jeans on, ooooh! I was immediately struck by how elongated and 'shapely' my legs appeared. Skin-tight does indeed work its magic...in a time where I feel perpetually bloated and shapeless in loose fitting clothes, you will not believe how amazing I felt when I saw my jeans-clad reflection in the mirror :) The jeans are now a favourite piece in my current wardrobe (not that I have much to choose from) and who knows? I can continue to wear them post-pregnancy..


No comments:

Post a Comment