Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Major Milestone Achieved Part II

The past month has been a month of firsts.

1st First
Kylie finally flipped. Not as in flipped her gourd. As in roti prata flipped. And crying when she discovered that her right hand was trying to meet the acquaintance of her left arm pit and couldn't flip back.

2nd First
The first time since Young Missy was born that the Husband and I was able to have a proper date night without having to worry abt rushing home for her last feed and to put Master T to bed. We went to a concert and supper at East Coast.

3rd First
I introduced K to the wonderful world of solid foods. With T, his then-nanny was the one with the inaugural feeding spoon. The first time I fed him cereal, it didn't go down very well and resulted in a close-to-tears mummy, a screaming baby and a food-covered high chair.

It doesn't sound like much but as a working mother, I don't have many chances to witness for myself milestones achieved by the little ones. So I was definitely happy that for all the Flipper and impoverished-by-food jokes, I had a second chance to do things right this time.

K's first feed of cereal went well and today marks the 4th day of solids for her. She now knows to open her mouth at the sight of an orange object hovering in front of her cos it translates into an interesting sensation in her mouth =)

No comments:

Post a Comment