The little lady in my home has very strange tastebuds.
Not that she is a finicky eater or anything, but K likes fishy stuff. Literally. And not just the average steamed fish mind u; it's steamed fish with fishy stock e.g. dried oysters, scallops, ikan billis etc.
Take yesterday for example: I was looking for a quick fix for her dinner porridge cos I was tired out from a long weekend's chores. So the stock was made from dried oysters and protein was a piece of threadfin - just dump everything into the slow cooker for it to work its magic.
It could be me but the resulting porridge smelt fishier than ever but K couldn't get enough of it. Considering that she had an early dinner (her milk feed was abt 2 hours ago), the little lady was very cooperative in opening her mouth wide for each spoonful waved in front of her, which isn't always the case. If the day's menu is not to her tastebuds, she will turn away after a few mouthfuls (after the initial hunger is gone) or deliberately clamp her mouth shut. Worse, u get treated to a porridge 'mask' if she really really doesn't like it. I've learnt to dodge fast.
Besides all this fishy business, I no longer can eat anything in peace, especially breakfast. Guess who will be in her Exersaucer batting her oh so cute eyelids and hee-heeing at me for a few bites of roti? To keep whatever little peace there is left in the house, K goes down for a nap (or at least, back in the cot in her room) before I can eat lunch or dinner in peace. So far so good...she gets a toy to play with in the cot and I get fungi-free lunch/dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment