(Entry is inspired by recent happenings in my life. May not be totally coherent cos there is just too many things happening right now.)
The current men/males in my life all seem to be the type who do not verbalize too well but possess the ability/IQ/EQ to save the damsel in distress (aka moi) all the same. No direct relation between having functional vocal cords and lifting fingers, but in my world, my main men don't speak much. Except for the little guy T, but he is not exactly qualified to be called a man for now. Anyway...here's the low-down:
The Husband
Folks who know him will be lying through their teeth (And plague. And food remnants stuck between tooth gaps) if they say he is a chatty man. If there is a Guinness record for least number of words spoken by a person, he will win it hands down, no contest. Does it then come as any surprise that his love language is the act of service? Literally no talk, action only. Many an evening when I am frazzled out by a headstrong toddler or tired from a weekend of breaking up fights between the 2 rascals, a silent force will quietly take over parenting duties while i catch a moment's breath. Ok, this is probably not a recent happening but he gets first credit mention cos I don't want to face a grumpy man later!
Recent happening: it was that time of the month for changing bed sheets and YSY asked me to put on the new sheets after he took off the stinky ones. But i was vacuuming+cleaning the floor at the time and did not get to it immediately. By the time both floor levels got mopped to death, I was probably stinkier and more tired than a triathlon runner. When i walked into my room to get a shower before starting on the bedsheets, lo and behold! Nice fresh bedsheets awaiting in the master and young master bedrooms! (young mistress was sleeping at the time so cannot change.)
Summary: strong silent type who have an outward EQ of a rock but actually is pretty observant. Don't expect romantic overtures, or u will be growing mold and cobwebs before said overtures happen.
The Dad
My dad, to be precise.
There's this saying that you will always end up marrying someone like your father. Too true!!
The few friends who have seen my dad always comment that he looks very fierce and solemn. Hmmm....doesn't that sound like Mr First Credit Mention above? Both also 不讲话就不讲话,一讲话讲死你。
Anyway, I am on a steep learning curve in my new job and there is much technical knowledge I should possess but do not have just yet and i get so stressed out that I will keep messaging my dad to vent/ask (we happen to be working in the same industry but different companies.)
Along came the Dad one day and told me that I now have two of his specialist staff at my disposal if I need any help on work matters. He apparently told his 'senior' staff to assist me as best as they can if I ever call them to ask. Heart melt sia...I wasn't expecting any specific action on his side when i vented problems/asked questions and most certainly did not expect the sudden availability of expert teachers. Not that i will consult them often, it just seem professionally wrong and a breach of confidentiality to ask people from firm A when u are working in firm B.
But wow, this gesture coming from my dad is tantamount to the Japanese gifting Mount Fuji to another country. It's huge...and that's my dad for u.
Summary: Always a practical person, with practical actions and no fuss at all. Possibly tired of having to handle Twenty Questions and an emo daughter...
The Boss
The only 'disposable' man in my life - jobs come, jobs go eh?
I was handling a unexpected case under the charge of Boss A (don't even get me started on how this case got karma-ed to me in the 1st place!) and many things happened. To the point where I threw aside the case, burst out crying and stormed up to Boss B (boss A happened to be out of the country that day), with every intention to quit immediately. Now, i am an emo woman and all, but it is against my work ethics to display personal emotions at work, not to mention in front of the people who pay my wages. So u can imagine the level of pressure I was under working on that $&%# case. By the time I was able to return to work and think properly the following Monday (the hysterics happened on a Friday), I walked up to the boss's desk to present him with what i was able to do up. It also happened to be the last day for submission that Monday. My boss was quietly flipping through the files of that fateful case, presumably working on what I was supposed to doing. No theatrics, no reproaching, in fact, no acknowledgement of what had happened the Friday before.
Summary: another silent type who just gets things that need to be done, done.
The Firstborn
Quite the opposite of the man who made his existence in this world possible.
T talks non-stop in his waking hours. And he doesn't stop there. He is also capable of talking coherently in his sleep, to complete strangers and to himself if there isn't anyone else around. U never need to second guess what he is going to do, cos it will always be announced before he does anything. Coming from an active boy, that's quite a lot of words for one day!
But. Something happened this week which shows that he doesn't always blare everything out....We were at my aunts' house for dinner and I was chatting with one of the aunts with the fan behind us but turned in a different direction from where we were sitting. T seemed like he was bursting to say something (that happens quite a lot, trust me!) but instead, he quietly walked up to the fan and turned it towards the direction where my aunt and I was sitting. And. He silently walked back and sat down again. Such a sweet boy!! And so very uncharacteristic of him..
The men in my life are so all over the place that I dunno how to conclude this entry. So....the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment