I was actually contemplating if I could sit my butt down tonight to come up with the 3rd instalment of my blog when there is a chick-lit screaming my name. However, I decided to man up and start the words flowing so as to not disappoint all 3 of my faithful readers.
In my previous blog, I had written about how T had captured the hearts of the surgery staff (well, better to have captured their hearts than pissing off people wielding surgery knives so near your delicate bits eh?). Anyway, tonight's blog shall be dedicated to a mother's prideful joy of her son who seems to be able to extract a 'Oh, he is so cute!', 'Oh he is such a sweet boy!' etc from both passerbys and people who know us personally. This was the actual article I intended to write previously but was further bolstered by one-off incidents recently.
Incident One:
I chatted with T's nanny's daughter online, who was currently studying overseas, on Facebook last night. This was nothing unusual as by the time I tuck T into bed and managed to get some free time of my own, it would have been close to 11pm and this coincides with the time that she is usually online. Anyhow, she asked me if she could make T her godson. Which made sense to me cos they are both Tigers and when Ms JJ was still in S'pore, she was the only one who could make T obey instructions without him making a single peep. I wasn't sure if she was being serious in making the offer but if she is, BRING ON THE GOLD! (Ed's note: gold refering to the requisite gold ornament given to a godchild by a godparent)
Incident Two:
I was on my way to work this morning when I bumped into a neighbour whose grand-daughter went to the same childcare centre as T. As usual, we stopped to chat a while but this time round, I couldn't much get a word in cos she started gushing about how friendly T is even around strangers and has manners enough to wave byebye when the Husband herds him towards the car to go to school. Not quite sure why the gushing but it did brighten up my day just to hear such praises from a neighbour. The fact that I could only catch half of what she was saying in rapid-fire dialect was besides the point!
Since he was a baby entering into toddlerhood, I never had much major issues with T except during the Terrible Twos and there was nothing much that couldn't be resolved with brandishing a cane in front of him (don't worry; no toddler was injured in the course of this production).
All mothers are naturally proud of their children and I am especially proud to have T as my son cos he is such a sweet-natured boy who is always ready to laugh. More importantly, I am thankful each day that he is growing up healthily each day into a wonderful boy who spreads smiles and laughter to all around him. I love you, T!
No comments:
Post a Comment