Inspired by a close friend who had her own mummy blog, I decided to take the plunge and dip my aquaphobic toes into the literary world of blogs. Just to see if i can form a coherent sentence (or two) after a hard day's work that normal humans can understand and not wanna pick up their iPhones / Samsungs to call the IMH hotline...More importantly, I dedicate this blog to my little guy T, who made me fall off the 'No! No kids!' bandwagon (my oldest friends can attest to this, with just a little too much enthusiam perhaps) and gave me a good kick in the butt to see that having your own little warm body to hug when the mood strucks isn't all that bad after all.
T did not decide on his own to grace Mount A with his presence at 37 weeks (the minimum non-premature period) - rather, the dipping levels of amniotic fluid helped decided when he should come out and smell the flowers, as opposed to swimming in his private pool and wrecking havoc on a bladder-like organ which crimped his butterfly stroke. Right.
And so we were told by Mr Gynae to report to the hospital waaaaaaay early in the morning where the birth had to be induced. I will spare my dear readers the gory details but having said that, I probably will not look at poking sticks and laxatives the same way again. The only resounding fact I remembered from the birth was confusing my birth pangs with wanting to poo. In fact, I remember telling Mr Gynae: ' Hey doc, buckle up cos I think the shit is literally about to hit the fan!'
So from hanging out at Compass Point the night before and having my last decent meal before the birth with my sis Sharon, I found in my arms this infant who was covered in dried up amniotic fluid and yelling fit to raise the dead. However, I was too zonked out on epidural side-effects to cover my ears. All in all, it was a pretty smooth delivery for us. Phew!
That's all for tonight folks. Do drop by again soon after you have done the dishes, coaxed your little ones to sleep or the tens of thousands of things that needs to attended to. Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment