Saturday, 8 March 2014

Well Done T!

I'm so proud of my boy!!!

The HG family was at IKEA today to get some stuff in preparation for BG's arrival and deciding that T will probably be happier at the kids' play area within IKEA, we left him to his own devices there while the adults shopped in peace. Just for reference, each munchkin gets only 1 hour play time before he gets booted out of the play area; wished it could be longer though. I mean, unless you already know what you wanna get, how can 1 hour be enough in IKEA??

Anyway, we collected him when the one hour was up and on the way back, he told us that he did a poo in the play area toilet.  Firstly, he is one of those folks who poo only in designated, familiar toilets and so, it came as a very big surprise to me that he actually deigned to poo in a completely unfamiliar toilet. That was not the best part: he managed to poo and wipe his bum all on his own! (cleanliness of bum non withstanding) I was so proud of him at that moment and upon reflection, perhaps I have been molly-coddling him too much. He is by nature an independent soul and I have been so blinded by the fact that he is (and always will be) my little boy that I have failed to see how capable he is of doing things on his own.

Downside? He did not get to wash his hands after the poo and wipe cos the sink was apparently too high for him to reach. Eeeuuwww...

No comments:

Post a Comment