When I first became a mummy and T's gender was revealed, there weren't many hand-me-downs from friends and relatives. Mainly cos my family/friend circles were small and T was one of the few boys to have popped out (girlie chromosomes were dominant then).
Completely innocent of the prolific baby market then, I thought Kiddy Palace and departmental store (think OG, Metro) apparel were as good as it gets. One brand that stood out in my mind was Disney Babies cos I remembered gasping in disbelief when my aunties bought a jumpsuit set for T and I found out how much that itty bitty outfit cost. Buying stuff from Kiddy Palace became a thing of the past as I slowly picked up brand names (Carters, FOX and Cotton On Kids are personal favourites) along the way and turned up my nose at less-than-ideal clothes. Yeah, that sounded snobbish but I am blaming this squarely on being born a Taurean who are famous for their love for the finer things in life.
4 years down the road, K came along and the hand-me-downs came in greater piles as more of my peers popped. I also had fun shopping at Mothercare buying 粗穿 clothes when K started to outgrow her newborn stuff as this stage coincided with the Great Singapore Sale and the magic 4-letter word was plastered all over store-fronts. Think I went a little bit nuts with the buying though, cos there are still unopened packets of rompers lying in K's chest of drawers - Shhhhh! Dont tell my husband!!
No comments:
Post a Comment